Cedar Hill Cemetery - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5655 Frankford Avenue & 5260 Frankford Avenue
Frankford & Bustleton Avenues
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Cedar Hill Cemetery was established in 1850. The original burial ground is 12 acres in size. A related burial ground across the street is 21 acres.
The gateway building, which is now a closed entrance, was constructed in 1869 at a cost of around $9000.
The superintendent's cottage was built in 1858, and is now a rental property.
A 22 foot high Italian marble Civil War monument has drawn the attention of some preservationists.
Below are photos showing the newer part of Cedar Hill Cemetery.